Tuesday 29 September 2015

Exploring Ottawa: Hogs Back Park | Adventure Time

Now that I'm living in Ottawa I'm really enjoying exploring all the new places around me. This little gem of a park is called Hog's Back Park. It's about a 20 minute walk from my apartment to this bit of paradise. 
The waterfalls in this area are created by the dam that separates this area from Mooney's Bay- the beginning of the Ottawa Canal. The fast moving water is so gorgeous against the stillness of the rocks and trees. If you're able to catch the light just right through the waterfall spray you can see a rainbow. 
My friend Paul from back home has been my rock here. We've been spending so much time together and he's really been helping me through this transition of leaving home and dealing with homesickness. 

He came with me to the park and, of course, my inner photographer escaped me and I made him participate in an impromptu photo shoot.
This is one of those places that you just have to take in slowly. Paul and I barely spoke walking through here because we were so amazed by the beauty that we were engulfed in. The world we live in is absolutely beautiful!
I feel like the shots people don't realize your taking end up being some of the best. I really love these shots of Paul; very GQ-esque I do believe!
While walking across the rocks, we stumbled upon this beautiful proposal and were just so awe-struck. This sentiment is so beautiful- his proposal will be there forever and they will always be able to go back and see this for the rest of their lives.
This park is so stunning- I know it will be a place I revisit often. I feel so inspired here. I just want to take tonnes of photos and write my heart out! It's little treasures like this that refuel me. It's such a perfect piece of unedited land and I love it's authenticity. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, if you know of any places in Ottawa I should explore do let me know! Where do you like to explore- do you prefer urban or rural places to have an adventure?

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment