Sunday 27 September 2015

23. Favourite Physical Trait | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

Thinking of my favourite physical trait was actually a really hard task- I think as women we are taught our whole lives not to celebrate our own beauty, but instead to be humble. I tried writing this post about 3 different times to no avail. I finally had to sit myself down and really think about what I like about myself on a surface level.
 
Face: Eyes
I decided to choose two traits to focus on, one on my face and one on my body. I thought it would be a good idea to really appreciate the different parts of myself in a way I hadn't prior.

The part of my face I like the most is my grey/blue, almond shape eyes. I love to show them off and make them pop with makeup and the colour of my clothing.
Body: Legs
Choosing the part of my body I liked most was a little harder, so I used the same sort of criteria for my facial trait: what do I like to show off or emphasize? This was definitely my legs! I'm very self conscious about my middle/tummy area, but my legs are a part of my body that I'm really happy with. They're lean, long, and toned. I love wearing skinny jeans, skirts, and dresses to emphasize my best bodily feature. They help me to put my best foot forward (haw haw, get it).
Others: Smile
We all get taught our whole lives not to judge a book by it's cover, but we do to a certain extent. In others, my favourite physical trait is definitely their smiles. I don't mean their dental hygiene or how straight their teeth are. What I mean is my favourite trait to see in others is a warm genuine smile- when their mouths spread open, their cheeks push up, and their eyes crinkle. I think there's nothing more beautiful than seeing someone genuinely happy and smiling.

I hope you all have a reason to smile today because you have a beautiful smile! Please do take the time to appreciate your physicality and your beauty. Comment what your favourite physical trait is both for yourself and for others.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment