Friday 2 October 2015

9 Things in the 9th Month | September Favourites

1. Chocolate oatmeal
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of chocolate, but lately I've been trying to stray away from eating the refined stuff. I was inspired by Niomi Smart's video to create chocolate oatmeal using raw cacao- I'm so hooked! I featured my version of the recipe in my college what I eat in a day post, feel free to go check that out!

2. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette
This is an old favourite re-discovered but I've pulled back out my Full Exposure palette by Smashbox for fall. I love the pigmentation of these shadows, the colour pay off is amazing! They're super blend-able and I love the warm tones for this time of year. Stay tuned for a post where I show you my current go-to autumn look using this palette!

3. Riding Boots
I've been trying to find a nice pair of riding boots for what seems like ages now and I've finally found a pair that I liked enough to purchase (and feature in an upcoming lookbook)! I got these boots from Call It Spring and I really do love them so much, they're really comfortable and versatile. 

4. Superfood
I remember watching Jamie Oliver on the Food Network back when I was just a wee tot with my Mom whilst she cooked dinner. Even now, years later, I'm still a huge fan of his and his new show did not disappoint! Jamie's Super Food premiered at the beginning of this month and is now 4 episodes in. Jamie is traveling around the world to places with the longest life expectancies and exploring the superfoods they highlight in their diets. I love the show's message: you shouldn't eat healthy because you have to, you should eat healthy because it tastes good!

5. Hog's Back Park
I featured this gorgeous Ottawa park in an adventure time post- I keep going back! It's one of those places that you just don't get tired of visiting because it's just so stunning and serene. 

6. Essie: After School Boy Blazer
I was on the hunt for a really good navy blue/black colour nail polish for fall and I finally found it! After School Boy Blazer has been on my nails almost all month (which is really rare for me because I tend to get tired of colours very quickly). As with all Essie polishes, the application is amazing; 1-2 coats and you're good to go!

7. Dash Dolls
Another show that premiered this month was a Kardashian spin-off called Dash Dolls. I didn't have the highest of hopes for this program, but checked it out anyways- why not right? Boy was I impressed! The show covers controversial topics including the religious convictions of the girls, and also covers the business aspect of Dash which I really enjoy learning about! Plus it's jam packed with mind numbing drama, and what girl doesn't love that? Haha.

8. Pasta Salad Recipe & Romaine Lettuce
This meal was also featured in my college what I eat in a day post! I really love making freezer recipes purely based on convenience. I also really enjoy how the flavours develop upon a second round of cooking! Romaine lettuce has been a favourite of mine as well- it's so easy to chop up and eat on the side of any meal for extra vitamins and fibre. I dress romaine lettuce with just plain white vinegar and a bit of black pepper. I find the lettuce has enough taste that it doesn't need a lot to bring it to life!

9. Grey's Anatomy
FINALLY GREY'S IS BACK!!! My goodness, I missed TGIT with Shonda. Spoilers lay ahead: may I just say, Bailey for chief is LONG overdue! I'm also loving the sister bond in the house between Meredith, Amelia, and Pierce. I thought the plot line of the episode and Callie's passion toward the cause was a beautiful way to come back to the show. But seriously, if Jackson and April don't work things out I may just rip out my hair! 2 episodes in and I'm already OBSESSED all over again!

So those are my top 9 things from the 9th month of the year! Seriously where has the time gone? It feels like yesterday I was moving into my apartment and now I've been here a whole month! September was really good to me and I'm so excited to see what October brings.

What were some of your favourites from September? Please do let me know in a comment!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment