Tuesday 5 May 2015

Chatty Tuesdays | May 5, 2015

How I Stay Fit

I'm a little reluctant to write this post as I know that I am not a fitness expert at all and that my fitness routine isn't much. Never the less I'm going to post it because I know that it works for me and I'm sure it could work for others as well :).

To start off I'd like to say that I hate working out but I like to be fit. Weird combination. What I mean is I like to be fit and in shape and be able to do all the things I love to do with ease but I hate running and I hate going to the gym. For a while I had it stuck in my mind that I needed to run every second day and hit the gym on the days I didn't run. Needless to say, it didn't last -I hated it. I did some research and I came up with a fitness plan that would work for me, that I enjoy. So here it is!



Every night before I go to sleep I lay out my yoga mat and weights beside my bed (if I don't I will legitimately forget to do my morning "workout") so they're ready for me in the morning. 

For my arms I use 2 five pound dumbbells and do:

For my abs I lay on my back and do:
10 toe touches in the center, then 10 going toward each side (opposite hand to opposite foot)
10 crunches with knees bent, then again 10 each side (opposite elbow to opposite knee)
15 lower ab leg dips (I couldn't find a video link but basically you keep your legs in the same position as the crunches and then dip your toes toward the floor without breaking the shape of your legs -not sure if that made sense ahhhh sorry!)

For my legs I do:
15 squats
15 side lying leg lifts per side
15 donkey kicks per side

Then to finish I do a plank for 45 seconds.

I try to get at least a 20 minute walk into my day every day. On days when I'm not working I will go for a walk with my dog for closer to an hour -this is usually twice a week. I really love walking because it feels calming for me but I'm still getting a nice little workout. Another thing I do is swim laps in the public pool twice a week. Since I was a competitive swimmer for almost my whole life I know how to get a better full body workout in the water than I do on land so if you guys are interested in my water workout routine let me know!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment