Tuesday 19 May 2015

Chatty Tuesday | May 19, 2015

A Little Spring/Summer Haul

I have noticed recently that the bottom of my closet has become filled with bags. I found myself buying more and more things for the upcoming summer months, and also some things for now that will help me to prepare for the summer months. So, I thought, 'why not share what I've picked up'? Hence, today's chatty Tuesday will be dedicated to my Spring/Summer haul.

Clothing


I picked up these three tanks from Ardenes during a 3 for $15 sale. The white one is a simple basic white tank but it has a little bit of structure at the top and under the arms which I much prefer over a standard white tank. The middle, floral tank has thick straps and a super cute pattern which I really love. The third one is definitely my favourite. It's a gorgeous pastel pink with cute lace around the chest and under arms that continues up into lace straps.


I got these two shirts from Ardenes as well during a buy one get one 50% off sale. The first one is a mint and white striped tank with three buttons at the top of the front and a little keyhole back. The second one is a very similar style only it is in a very bright coral and instead of having a scoop neck it is a little bit more of a V shape.


I picked up a couple of bras from La Senza. They were also having a sale; buy 1 for $16.50 or buy 2 for $12.50 each. I obviously, as a bargain hunting girl, went for the second option. The first is a pale, pastel orange. It is a simple cotton bra because during the hot summer months I really don't want any bra that isn't cotton as I find when I begin to sweat that things like lace and silk are quite irritating. The second bra is also cotton and is just a plain nude with removable straps that I picked up in lieu of wedding season.


These three items are from Winners. The first is a pastel purple baby doll style top and was a steal at $8.00. I love that this is a longer shirt so I can wear it with leggings. The second is a teal dress with a very summery floral pattern. It was also an absolute bargain at $11.00. The third item is a pair of shorts. I love how loose fitting they are, and I really like that they have the draw string belt detail as I think it's so cute. They are high waisted so I can definitely imagine these with a cute tank tucked in and gladiator sandals. These were very reasonably priced at only $13.00.

Makeup and Nails


These three things are the only items I picked up in this category so far for summer (shame on me). The two nail polishes are by Revlon (charming and eclectic) were $7.99 each at Shoppers and I think they are such gorgeous colours for the spring and summer seasons. I picked up this little eye shadow palette for only $4.99 at Shoppers. I've never heard of the brand Essence before, but I figured if it sucks it was only $4.99 and if it's great than it was only $4.99! Ha ha ha. Also, the colours are beautiful for spring/summer.

Skin Things


 I went a bit crazy in The Body Shop as they were having a buy 3 get 3 free sale and that's a sale I can NOT pass up. The first thing I added to my basket was the cocoa butter creamy shower wash ($9.00). Not only does it smell amazing, but my skin responds very well to the moisturizing properties of cocoa butter. The second thing I bought was the body butter also from the cocoa butter range ($21.00). This stuff leaves my skin so hydrated and so soft and it also helps with scars and stretch marks! The third thing is another flannel ($7.00). I am such an advocate for The Body Shop flannels; they can't be beat. On to the second row, the fourth thing I bought is another repurchase and it is the hemp hand protector ($20.00). I have one of these in every purse I own and in my till at work. I absolutely love how moisturizing it is, how fast it soaks into the skin, and also that I feel when I use this, even after I wash my hands, my skin still feels so moisturized. The fifth thing I got was the aloe soothing gel ($19.00) which will be perfect for the up coming summer months when it is inevitable that I will get burnt at least once despite lathering sun screen on. The last thing I added to my basket was the vitamin E sink-in moisture mask ($23.00). I haven't ever tried this, but I know my skin responds very will to vitamin E so I'm sure I will get on with this just fine. 

So that's all that I've picked up in the past couple weeks to prepare myself for spring and summer. I still plan to get a couple more cute summer dresses as well as some flats and accessories.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment