Sunday 24 May 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge | May 24, 2015

5: Something Someone Gave You

I'm not one of those people who gets attached to "things" so figuring out something someone gave me that I'm exceptionally grateful for was a little bit of a struggle. After looking around my room at all the tangible items I felt grateful for everything I have but nothing really stood out to me. I moved on to say my morning prayer and that's when it hit me. 

I dated a guy once who showed me Christianity. I was not a religious person before dating him and I doubt I would be a religious person now if we hadn't dated. Having faith has changed my life in so many amazing ways. I was on a little bit of a wrong path before that guy came into my life (we actually met at a party where I was beyond drunk). He never forced anything about religion on me, he made me curious.

Now that I have discovered the power of the Gospel and the way of the Lord, I feel like I'm living the life I was meant to. Seeing how different he and I both are, I strongly feel that he was sent into my life by the Lord to show me this way of life. He gave me my faith and I am unbelievably grateful that he did.

*Just a little disclaimer, I am not the type of Christian that looks down upon those who don't share my beliefs. I realize that nobody knows the truth about how the Earth came to be and nobody knows what happens to us when we die. Christianity found me and drew me in, it's what I choose to believe and if you choose to believe something different than that is fine and I would love to learn about your beliefs as all forms of religion do interest me, this is just the one I have chosen to identify with.*

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment