Friday 31 July 2015

Food Friday | July 31, 2015

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins (100th Post)


I wanted to celebrate my 100th post with a delicious celebratory snack since it fell on a food Friday. I am loving writing this blog and I'm so excited to continue it for, what I hope to be, quite some time.

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup milk
1/3 cup + tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tins with liners.
2. Put all the dry ingredients, including 3/4 cup chocolate chips, into a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a large measuring cup.
4. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients gradually (lumpy batter makes better muffins).
5. Mix everything together thoroughly.
6. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tins.
7. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and bake for 17-20 minutes.
8. Remove from muffin tin and let cool on wire rack.
To make the muffins a little bit more fun I added some frosting to them.
Muffin 1 - chocolate: For this frosting I combined melted chocolate chips, milk, cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
Muffin 2 - cream cheese: I used cream cheese, sugar and milk to fill and ice my second muffin option.
Muffin 3 - banana chip: I mashed bananas with brown sugar and a smidgen of milk to create banana frosting then added some mini chocolate chips to the top for a little crunch. I  can't eat fruit as I'm allergic but I was told these ones were delicious and perfect as a breakfast muffin.

I want to thank you all so much for reading and following my blog. I really love writing this- more than I ever thought I would and I'm so looking forward to continuing this internet journey. Thank you again to all you beautiful people!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment