Tuesday 14 July 2015

Chatty Tuesdays | July 14, 2014

Tate

I've never been a huge fan of babies. Once kids are about 3 or 4 and they can walk, talk and use the toilet on their own I tend to be a bit more open toward them- but I've never been a baby fanatic. Then this little guy was born...
The day he was born I fell in love with him. Plain and simple. July 14, 2014 was such a turning point for me- this was the first baby in the family. Technically he is my second cousin but his mom- Ashleigh- immediately referred to me as Aunty Katie. Holding this precious little bundle of joy in my arms when he was only hours old was so surreal ("and the Grinch's heart grew 3 sizes that day"). 
Now, today, that little 6lb bundle of joy is 24lbs and A YEAR OLD!! Where on earth has the time gone? I never noticed how fast it was going by until this exact day when Tate turned one. Seeing him growing up is a little bitter sweet- I sort of wish he could stay this age forever. He's so young, he's innocent, and he hasn't yet been jaded by the world. However, aging is inevitable (I know this because I'm still dumbfounded that I'm already 20). Seeing this little boy almost every week has turned my world around; a once kid phobic woman now dreaming of her own chance at motherhood (in about 5-10 years haha).

Tate, I wish you all the best in your life. I hope you are always happy, always kind, and always loved. I hope the world delivers you all that you deserve and more. All my love, Aunty Katie.

Thanks for reading, xo Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment