Friday 17 July 2015

Food Friday | July 17, 2015

Oatmeal Pancakes

I'm a big pancake lover, that's for darn sure! I always have loved pancakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks- anytime of the day I'll have a pancake. I love trying new pancake recipes and playing around with them instead of just the typical fluffy, white Aunt Jemima style that we all know and love.

Recently I have been making a batch of oatmeal pancakes once a week and storing them in the fridge. The recipe I am going to share today makes about 10 medium sized pancakes- which means 5 days of breakfast! They re-heat really well in the microwave without getting mushy or dry like typical pancakes do so they're perfect! Warming these up in the morning has let me feel like I'm having a nice, luxurious, sunday-morning-style breakfast on any day of the week.

Ingredients

2 large eggs
12/3 cups rolled oats
1 cup + 2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon (to preference)
3 tsp baking powder
1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (to preference)

Instructions

1. Whisk together eggs, oats, milk, sugar, and cinnamon. Let sit 20 to 30 minutes so oats can soften.
2. Whisk in powder and chocolate chips. Let sit another 2 minutes.
3. Melt butter in hot pan. Spoon batter into pan to make pancakes of desired size. Cook on low heat until bubbles come up on top.
4. Flip and cook one more minute.
5. Top with whatever you desire and enjoy!

I hope you like this recipe! If you do try it let me know! If I could still eat fruit I'd probably replace the chocolate chips with berries or apple chunks for a slight variation. 

Tip: these taste amazing along size some bacon strips!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment