Tuesday 23 June 2015

Chatty Tuesdays | June 23, 2015

Marriage

I've always said that I'm not going to get married and even if I do I won't have a wedding. I've never seen the point in it, but I think now I understand. It's not about the piece of paper or the attention of the big day or the gifts. Getting married is the truest proof of love and devotion to another person. A wedding isn't about you as much as it's about loving someone so much that you want to share that love with every important member of your life.

We live in a world with war and poverty and we are constantly reminded that 50% of marriages end in divorce but when we see someone we care about so happy and so deeply in love we are reminded that there are great things in this life. We are given hope. And even if it is just for one day, we remember that the world isn't such a bad place after all.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment