Monday 29 June 2015

Make Me Up Monday | June 29, 2015

My Hygiene Routine

I really love posts like this- there's something really reassuring to know that my routine is similar to someone else's and it's also really informative to know better ways of doing things! 

Morning

To start off in the morning I will hop into the shower and wash my body with my Aveeno daily moisturizing body wash. This legitimately takes me less than 2 minutes as all I do is hop in, wash my body really quickly, and hop out.
After washing my body I will get out of the shower and begin my skin care routine. The morning is super simple- I use my Clinique bar soap to wash my face. 
Then apply my Clinique daily moisturizing gel and eye cream. 
To follow up I will brush my teeth using Crest Pro-Health toothpaste.
After I'm finished up that bit of my morning I will go to my bedroom, brush my hair and apply argan oil.
I will then apply the Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to my hands, elbows, and legs.
For deodorant I use Lady Speed Stick in invisible. It smells great, doesn't need to be reapplied, and doesn't leave white marks on clothes.
To finish, I usually will use a body mist or light perfume. I've been loving the two body fantasy scents for everyday during these warm months, the two One Direction scents for evenings, and the vanilla scent by The Body Shop I reserve for fall and winter.

Evening

At night, I use the Clinique cleansing milk with a damp flannel to remove my makeup. 
I then use the Clinique bar soap and a konjac sponge to gently cleanse and exfoliate. 
I follow up with the Clinique moisturizing gel and eye cream.
Of course I brush my teeth before bed and, again, I use the Crest Pro-Health toothpaste.

Twice Per Week

Twice a week I will take a long shower where I will wash my hair using the Dove moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. 


I will also exfoliate my body using a loofah and my regular Aveeno daily moisturizing body wash.


During this time I take care of all my shaving needs using any 5 blade razor that the drug store had on sale when I needed one- I'm not picky about razors along as their 5 blade. I use my Aveeno body wash when shaving as it also doubles as a shaving gel.






This shower time is also when I choose to pumice my feet to keep them nice and smooth. 
After I get out of the shower I moisturize my whole body including my feet using the Aveeno body lotion and then add Vaseline on top of that only on my feet just to lock all that moisture in.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment