Saturday 17 October 2015

My Progress | Saturday Series: Fit-Spiration 6 of 6

I want to start off by saying that I realize I should have taken progress pictures wearing the same outfits all the way through, but I never thought of it back when I started my fitness journey. I also want to throw it out there that I am NOT trying to brag about my body in ANY way whatsoever. I'm posting my progress to hopefully inspire you guys and to show that if I can do it, then literally ANYONE can do it.
My journey began almost 2 years ago now. I really wanted to lose weight after realizing that I was quite self conscious about my body. I started off by simply altering my diet- less empty carbs and fatty foods and more whole grains and veggies. I was in a really bad place before starting my fitness journey; I was drinking a lot and eating really poor foods. I quit drinking all together (still haven't had a drink to this day), I cut out fast foods, and I limited myself to one "bad" food per day, which eventually turned to one "bad" food per week. I also began watching my portion size and trying to eat mindfully instead of snacking in front of the TV. By January of this year I had already seen such a remarkable difference- in just 11 months I had lost 40 pounds! I kept the weight loss going and began introducing a work out plan and by July I had lost another 15 pounds, making a total weight loss of 55 pounds and I went from a size 12 pant to a size 5. The biggest accomplishment for me wasn't necessarily the weight loss but how great I felt and how happy I was.
Over the summer I had quite a bit of free time and so began working out quite intensely. I would workout for at least an hour everyday, doing a combination of cardio and muscle building/toning. I found that I really love to walk long distances at a brisk pace, and I also really love yoga and pilates. Working out has become an absolute joy for me; it's something I really look forward to as it helps me to relax and feel happy.
This final photo I took whilst I was home this past weekend for Thanksgiving. I am maintaining my fitness despite being away at college by walking whenever I can as well as using the Sworkit app and doing yoga 3 times a week. I'm enjoying cooking healthy meals for myself with good, wholesome ingredients. Not that numbers matter in the vast scheme of things, but just as a reference if your interested my current numbers are as follows:
Weight: 108Lbs
Pant size: 2 or 3
Bust: 32"
Waist: 26"
Hips: 36"
Like I said (and will continue to say until the end of time) the numbers don't matter. They're a good gauge of progress but the important thing is how great I feel now and that I am living a healthy active lifestyle that will carry me through this life. I think a healthy lifestyle is a great thing to adopt as young as you possibly can, I think it will stick with me as long as I live. 

I hope you feel inspired by this to live a healthier, more active lifestyle. Like I said, if I can do it anyone can. It's all about making good choices and loving yourself enough to do so. If you have any questions about starting to live a healthier lifestyle or any tips you could provide me to help with my own journey leave a comment!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment