Tuesday 22 March 2016

How To Survive Allergy Season | Tips & Tricks

Welcome to spring!
Welcome to allergy season!
I definitely am affected by seasonal allergies a whole heck of a lot! As someone who doesn't like to take medication, I have come up with some tips and tricks to help me get through allergy season alive. 
1. Splurge on the Tissues
I totally understand not wanting to spend a fortune on some luxury tissues. However, a good quality 3-ply tissue maybe with some lotion in them is going to save the skin around your nose. 
2. Make Time for Tea
I'm sure there's some sort of health benefits that go along with this, but just having a warm beverage in your system can go a long way in making you feel a little more like yourself.
3. Keep Moving
It's so easy to crawl into your bed, bury yourself under the covers and stay there until the pollen settles itself down. Don't do that. I really recommend staying active and not avoiding the outdoors. I find that I can build up my tolerance almost as Spring progresses if I spend more time outdoors. I also make sure I'm still working out and doing yoga- work out those body aches and pains!

I hope these tips help anyone who struggles with seasonal allergies. Trust me, I know how crappy it is to deal with the allergies that come along with Spring. Take care of your body as if you had a cold- it helps! We can get through this together!

Do you have seasonal allergies? What helps you get through allergy season? Please do let me know in a comment!

Thanks for reading & check back to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment