Friday 19 February 2016

Turning Twenty-One | Personal + Review

I mentioned in my last post, 20 things I learned being 20, that my birthday just passed! With a birthday comes a party. I didn't do anything big- just a get together with the family. It was a really lovely time. 
 My cousin and his girlfriend invited me snow machining with them for the day before my family came around for dinner. We went for about four hours through the bush trails, stopping for lunch at this super cool snow machining hot spot. They serve amazing pub food and have every beer you could think of!
To have a party you obviously have to invite people! I came by Paperless Post earlier in the month and I knew I wanted to choose from the amazing selection of birthday invitations that they have to offer!
 Paperless Post has plenty of free templates to choose from. You then go in and customize the details of the party. You're able to choose your text, layout, etc. and totally make it your own!
Once you've designed your invitation the way you like it, all that's left is to invite people! The invitation goes directly to their e-mail inbox. This is so perfect! No paper waste and no chance of the invitation getting lost!
 The Paperless Post invitation comes to your inbox in a cute envelope. Once you click on it there is an animated opening of the envelope and removing of the invitation. It's such a cute way to receive an invitation! And the best part? When you receive the invitation you can automatically add it to your Google, Outlook, iCal, or Yahoo calendar!
My birthday was an absolutely lovely time surrounded by the people I love and all the things I love! My cakes were cinnamon sugar cakes with vanilla-cinnamon buttercream. All homemade of course by yours truly! I'm sure it's weird to some people that I made my own birthday cakes but I insisted as I LOVE to bake but don't get the opportunity now that I don't have an oven to use. 

I had the perfect birthday in my opinion- on the trails doing what I love, then in my home with the people I love. How would you spend your perfect birthday? Please do let me know in a comment- I'd love to know!

Thanks for reading & check back to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment