Tuesday 23 February 2016

How To Be Single! | Movie Review

 Since being home I have had two movie dates- one with my best friend Amanda and one with my mom- both to the same film. How To Be Single stars Rebel Wilson, Dakota Johnson, Leslie Mann, and Alison Brie and was produced by Drew Barrymore. It's definitely a movie with a lot of strong girl power! 

The movie is set in New York City, following the lives of numerous single people. The premise of the movie is that there is a 'right way' to be single and a 'wrong way' to be single. The plot summary provided by IMDb reads:

"There's a right way to be single, a wrong way to be single, and then... there's Alice. And Robin. Lucy. Meg. Tom. David. New York City is full of lonely hearts seeing the right match, be it a love connection, a hook-up, or something in the middle. And somewhere between the teasing texts and one-night stands, what these unmarrieds all have in common is the need to learn how to be single in a world filled with ever-evolving definitions of love. Sleeping around in the city that never sleeps was never so much fun."
The reviews coming for this film are mixed (Rotten Tomatoesmisc. reviews) with people either loving or hating it. I personally LOVED this movie! It's jam packed with witty humour and one liners. Maybe I'm a little biased though because I really enjoy both Rebel Wilson and Leslie Mann. As a single woman I can say that I don't think the specific scenarios of the movie are relatable but I could see a little bit of myself in every one of the characters. I also thought the bits of advice throughout the film held a lot of truth. 

Watching this movie made me feel okay with being single to be honest. It showed me that the time in our lives when we're actually single is brief and needs to be cherished. Time alone allows for personal growth and self development. There's nothing more freeing that standing completely alone and being okay with it.
Have you seen How To Be Single? What did you think? Let me know in a comment!

Thanks for reading & check back to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment