Sunday 24 January 2016

40. Greatest Accomplishment | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

I had a countdown to the day I flew home for Christmas break before I even moved away. Those three weeks were filled with joy, love, and pure happiness. Toward the end of those three weeks home I started getting really quite anxious about the idea of come back to Ottawa and leaving my family once again. I broke down at the airport and begged my parents not to make me go back. Of course they didn't make me come back; my parents told me they would never force me to get on the plane back to Ottawa, but they knew I would really regret it if I didn't. 

I got on that dang plane!

Overcoming my anxieties and moving away has definitely been my greatest accomplishment of life so far. I'm such a home body that the idea of not being home for so long terrified the pants off of me. I know in my heart that I have to be here for my education- it's far superior to any other college I've looked into here at Algonquin. I've made myself a nice little home here in Ottawa and I really like living here! It's definitely only a home for now- I'll be moving back to my true home as soon as I graduate. However, I am honestly so proud of myself for moving here to get a great education and discover who I am in the world. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I came back and I'm so happy I did.... Yes mom, you were right haha. 

What would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment so far? Please do let me know in a comment!! 

Thanks for reading & check back to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment