Sunday 17 January 2016

38. Music You Love & 39. Your Heritage | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

38. Music You Love
When it comes to music I love, it truly does depend on what mood I'm in at the time. I'd say my go-to artists for any sort of mood would be Adele, Ed Sheeran, Mariana's Trench, and Billy Joel. If you haven't already guessed, I prefer calm music with meaningful lyrics.

Some of my favourite songs by these artists include:
Adele: Hiding My Heart, Make You Feel My Love, One and Only
Ed Sheeran: Cold Coffee, Photograph, Tenerife Sea
Mariana's Trench: Dearly Departed, By Now, So Soon
Billy Joel: For the Longest Time, Only The Good Die Young, and She's Always a Woman

Let me know what kind of music you like! I'm always looking for new artists to check out! Also, let me know if you'd be interested in me sharing some of my playlists!
39. Your Heritage
When it comes to my heritage I'm kind of an eclectic mashup of a few different backgrounds. My biological dad's side comes from Ireland and Italy, which happen to be two of the countries I'm most drawn to! My mother's side holds the only first generation Canadian relative; my Opa immigrated to Canada from Germany after the second world war. Finally, my mom's mom- my Grammie- brings an English background to the table! All this being said, when asked what my background is I typically just say German and Canadian. All the other backgrounds are so far removed from me now since my ancestors moved over here many generations ago!

What is your heritage? Are any of you first generation citizens of their country? I'm so excited to know!

Thanks for reading & check back to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment