Monday 13 April 2015

Make Me Up Monday | April 13, 2015

Favourite Lipsticks

I believe that a make up look is never completed without a lip colour on. As far as make up goes I feel that adding something bold and a little wild on your lip is the best way to make a statement (and it's easy to pull off). Whether you choose a nude, or a statement red, or a pop of colour, lipstick has the ability to transform your everyday make up routine into a million different looks. 


Since spring is on it's way here in Canada, I have recently pulled out my favourite orange lipstick by Bourjois. This is from the Colour Boost line and it's shade 03, Orange Punch. The whole line of colour boost lipstick crayons by Bourjois are amazing as they last all day, they are water proof, and they also hydrate your lips. This is a really beautiful subtle orange that looks more of a coral or peach on the lip. It's glossy finish is perfect for a fresh spring look!


When I'm doing my make up for the day I find myself reaching for this colour most often. It's a lip crayon by Rimmel in the shade 710, Drive me Nude. I think this colour suits my very fair skin complexion quite nicely. It's a matte nude with pink undertones which makes for a very natural lip colour when it's on. This is absolutely the perfect nude for an everyday make up look. 


Last, but definitely not least is my absolute favourite red lipstick. It's from the Rimmel Kate Moss collection and it's shade 107. Having very fair skin, it's hard to find a red that looks nice against my complexion. This red makes a bold statement without looking too bright or too dark. It's the perfect red for me. I love wearing this out to dinner or even just going out shopping with some friends. It is a statement colour but it doesn't look overwhelming like I feel a lot of bold colours can look on me.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment