Wednesday 13 April 2016

Big Portions for a Big Week | What I Eat in a Day

This week is a crazy one! Hence the post being a day late (sigh). My final portfolio for first year is due THIS FRIDAY GAAAAAH! It's such a stressful and busy time that eating is one of those things that's really easy to push to the side. However, if I want to get through this week I need to fuel my body with good, wholesome foods that will give me energy!
Breakfast - 8:45am
Of course, sticking with my old faithful. I had 1/2 cup oats cooked in 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water. I mixed in raw cacao powder and cinnamon and topped it off with a dollop of greek yogurt and cinnamon. Along side it was a very large cup of coffee. It was the perfect start to a long day at school of edits and photo printing.
Lunch - 2:30pm
A big portion of carbs and veggies to get me through the afternoon after such a long amount of time from breakfast was much needed! I had 1/2 cup of rice with peas and carrots. While the rice cooked I added in rosemary, pepper, and red pepper flakes to infuse some flavour into it. It was actually really delicious!
Dinner - 7:45pm
After lunch I headed back to school to do some more editing and a last minute photoshoot. When I finally got home for dinner I realized the serious lack of protein i had in my day. Ground beef was exactly what my palette was craving! I seasoned it with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. I threw in some broccoli, peas, and baby carrots for some more veg! It was delicious!

After dinner I did a 40 minute vinyasa to relax after such a busy day. After my yoga time I had a cup of peppermint tea and read a book. I finished off the day with a nice hot shower and a phone call home before heading off to bed!

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I eat in a day to get through end of the semester crunch time! How do you fuel a busy day? Do let me know in a comment.

If you're going through finals right now GOOD LUCK <3

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment