Sunday 3 April 2016

50. Lessons Learned This Year | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

This year has been so jam packed with change and new adventures. I really believe that I've grown up immensely with in the past year, from moving away to finding my passion in school and everything in between. I have learned some very valuable lessons within the past 50 weeks that I want to share with you all today.
1. Shame is a wasted emotion: at the end of the day feeling ashamed of yourself or what you love or anything else is such a waste. Be apologetically and authentically yourself always. People will judge no matter what but if you keep on doing what you love you take away their power. 
2. You will break down and you will build yourself back up: I've always been one to hold back my emotions and act as though I've got it all together when in reality I'm falling apart. I've learned that it's okay to call your mom in tears sometimes and it's okay to fall apart. The important thing is that you always put yourself back together. Don't stay down too long.
3. Family is always number one: whomever you consider your family, blood or otherwise, are the people that should always be your top priority. It's important to keep close ties with your family. I've learned the importance of having a great bond with family members.
4. Self love is never selfish: don't let anyone tell you that you are conceited or selfish for loving who you are. You are the most important person you will ever love.
5. Don't let people change you: it's easy to fall into the trap of social cliques. You become who you surround yourself with. Have enough faith in who you are and know every inch of yourself so you can remain steadfast to who you are. Always.

I hope you enjoyed reading through the lessons that I've learned this year. I feel like they are all lessons that everyone needs to learn and eventually do learn. They sound cliche, but that's because they're true!

If there are any valuable lessons you've learned please do share them in a comment!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment