Wednesday 29 June 2016

Strip it Off | Sunday Night: Skin Care

I'm a firm believer in the common thought of a pretty face starts with a flawless base. Some people consider their base to be foundation. I like to think it starts even before then with the skin. 

My skin has been a source of trouble for me since about the tenth grade. Acne is something I really struggle with! It's been a challenge to find a skin care routine that works for me.

I used to think my skin was dry because it would feel tight and it would flake off. However, after having a skin consultation I found that my skin is actually slightly on the oily side but quite dehydrated. My main problem is that my skin is very sensitive.

As far as treating my acne, I've learned that my skin responds better to salicylic acid as opposed to benzoyl peroxide. I only use one product that contains salicylic acid and I only use it twice a week.

Sunday night I like to treat my skin to a face mask and really cleanse well. Enjoy my Sunday night strip down (makeup strip down that is!)
As far as my skin care goes, these are the products I use. 
Step one is to take my makeup off using the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk. This is a really hydrating product and does an amazing job at removing all my makeup- including waterproof mascara!
It takes very little rubbing and makes my skin feel so clean!
After massaging the Cleaning Milk into my skin, I wipe it off with a warm, wet flannel from the Body Shop.
After my makeup is off, Sunday night is face mask night! I've been really enjoying using the Garnier Pure 3 in 1 as a mask once a week.
I apply this mask only in my T-zone, leaving my cheeks bare. I let it dry on my skin for about 2 minutes before rinsing the mask off with warm water. 
The final cleansing step is the Clinique Bar Soap in Extra Mild. This leaves my skin feeling super clean, but not dried out. 
I rub it into my damp skin, all over my face, until it becomes a rich and creamy lather.
I then rinse my skin with warm water until all the soap has been washed away. I follow up with the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel moisturizer in generous amounts, concentrating the moisturizer under my eyes and on my cheeks. 

I love this gentle, yet effective skin care routine! My skin has never been so clear and healthy. 

I hope you enjoyed reading through my Sunday night skin care routine. Let me know what products you love for your skin!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment