Thursday 29 March 2018

Five minute healthy dinner.

Yesterday was just one of those days where time ran away from me. I worked at 5:30pm so when I realized it was already 4:30 I had the choice to eat Tostitos chips and con queso or figure out something quick and healthy to make. Since I had gone to the gym and wanted to keep my day on a healthy path, I chose to raid the fridge to see what I could whip up. My first thought was salad but unfortunately I was out of spinach and lettuce. I took a peek in my pantry and saw gluten free millet and brown rice ramen noodles. The noodles cook in about five minutes, making them a perfect option. I chose tuna for protein and grape tomatoes. 
I sliced the grape tomatoes in half and threw them into a frying pan with some oil, garlic, and black pepper. I added the sodium free canned tuna to the pan, stirred it all up and let everything heat through. I cooked the ramen noodles how the package instructed. After draining my ramen I topped it with the tuna and tomatoes, splashed some Franks Red Hot Sauce on top and gobbled it all up in record speed. It was really delicious! All together my dinner was a mere 490 calories.


Including prep time, cooking, eating, and cleaning up my meal took a grand total of twenty eight minutes. The cooking itself only took six! This is a perfect meal option for when you’re rushed but need something warm and filling in your belly. 

Let me know if you try this recipe. What are your go to quick dinners? Let me know in a comment. 

Thanks for reading, 

No comments:

Post a Comment