Thursday 4 January 2018

Carrot Cake Breakfast Smoothie | January fourth.

When it comes to breakfast I think the easier and quicker the better, so smoothies are a great choice. A breakfast smoothie needs to be filling enough for me to get through until lunch. I created this carrot cake breakfast smoothie with some inspiration from various Pinterest posts. 
To make my carrot cake breakfast smoothie you will need:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 5 to 7 baby carrots
- 1 tbsp WowButter (or nut butter if you can have nuts)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (more or less to preference)
- cinnamon to preference
I start off by grinding the oats in my blender until they are super finely milled. I then throw everything else into the blender and blend until the carrots are shredded and everything is incorporated. 
This smoothie is so delicious, high in protein thanks to the WowButter and Greek yogurt. The oats make it filling and keep me full throughout the morning and the honey gives the smoothie a nice sweetness. 

This is a go-to, staple breakfast smoothie for me. If you try it do let me know if you like it!





















No comments:

Post a Comment